7.01.2010

camera in car....

Everyone has said most of all my thought about the Ethiopian place, but left out the beauty of the place. Yeah, I know it's all about the food, but everyone has already covered that. It was a spacious place, I couldn't ever imagine it all the way full. The tables were as tall as the seats of the chars and were like a giant wok-shaped bowl with a tablecloth on top. Beautiful colors, intricate designs, "meh" food. Again, pictures coming some other day. Next time we don't order another dish, we just snack. I'm pleased to say that we really are eating up those granola bars and car snacks, just as I said.

I was the only fevernaut that hadn't actually been to our nation's capital previously. I can't say I was that impressed. I did like the WW2 memorial, but the rest just sort of looked like the pictures. I'm not a history buff, but I do feel that I have achieved something by actually coming here and seeing a lot of it all. My feet hurt very much by the end of the night, but then again, I'm in new converse.

Uber-thankfully, we got a cab back home and gave up on Ben and Jerry's. I am the ice cream snob of the group, and I have probably eaten or been around icecream much much more than any of the other fevernauts, so I didn't really care. Thank you MB for the cab home.

Sadly, I left both the SD camera card, and my iPod safely nestled inside Odysseus. But that may be a good thing-- they're not something I have to pay close attention to in the morning. I got some really nice pictures though, and when I can, they shall be posted.
I'm beginning to think that the best idea with the pictures is to upload them to facebook, seeing as it would be mighty obnoxious to put them directly here.

Another update is the additional occupants of the hostel room. 4 are the fevernauts. 3 are young british marines that are out of base for a 5 day holliday. 1 is still unknown (he's actually in the room right now. x.x) Seems like a chill dude. Quiet and reserved.

Pictures coming tomorrow. Quite happily, I am going to try to go to sleep now. Last blog of the night, Yo.

(Aww.. fuzzles.. I think I wrote too much..)
~diana

No comments:

Post a Comment