7.08.2010

Red Beans and Rice

I plan on making these blogs for the next few days about the food in New Orleans because one of the things I love about this city is it's food. Today for lunch we went to a place called Pierre Maspero's. We had wanted to go to a different place, Napoleon's House, but it was closed for vacation. I had red beans and rice, which is just what it sounds like and served with andouille sausage. It was kind of amazing. The sausage was a little crunchy on the outside and went really well with the beans and rice. After that we wandered the French Quarter and bought various things that caught our eye, I got a bottle of Dave's Ultimate Insanity, which is apparently this hot sauce that can burn holes through styrofoam cups and a bag of beignet mix, which should make Eugenie and Elisabeth happy. I also bought a scarf to spite the vendor who told me to stop playing with it, which sort of backfired when I realized I had just ended up spitefully giving her 19.00 for something I never planned on wearing, but I guess I can save it for a Pride festival or give it to one of my sisters. The adventure ended with a walk down Bourbon Street, which was just starting to wake up for the night time festivities. We looked into Galetoires, which is this famous restaurant on Bourbon Street, smack dab in the middle of the bars and sex shops. Tonight we are making dinner and plan on having salads. Till next I blog,
Ricky

1 comment:

  1. Felt like you needed a few comments to let you know how much we appreciate your writing. Enjoying your blog..
    Love

    ReplyDelete